Dishwasher maintenance can come in a variety of different forms. The great thing about maintaining your dishwasher on your own is that you are talking about something that you can generally do. While it is a good idea to trust the experts at Express Repair Barrie for repairs and replacement work, the truth is that there is a great deal you can accomplish on your own. There are several different things you can do to ensure your dishwasher runs at peak efficiency. We can also tell you about measures you can take to ensure your dishwasher lasts for years and years to come.
Dishwasher Maintenance Is Easy!
Believe it or not there are a lot of things you can do when it comes to extending the lifespan of your dishwasher. We aren’t talking about doing things that will run your machine ragged, or force it to do things beyond its limits. These steps are simple, and can add a number of months, or even years, to the general lifespan of your dishwasher. Obviously, the demands associated with dishwasher maintenance can vary from one machine to another. Nonetheless, there are many simple steps that we believe anyone can put into action.
Tips to Extend the Lifespan of Your Dishwasher
Again, when it comes to these easy dishwasher maintenance tips, we aren’t talking about anything that is going to demand a lot in the way of time, money, or energy. Here are a few simple suggestions that can dramatically extend your dishwasher lifespan by a number of months, or even years:
- Make sure the dishwasher has been loaded correctly: Believe it or not, but this is something that a lot of us take for granted. When we load the dishwasher, we are usually in a hurry. Not loading the dishwasher correctly can force it to work harder, which can significantly shorten its lifespan. Making sure the dishwasher is loaded properly is a crucial part of good dishwasher maintenance practices.
- Running a cycle at least once daily: Most of us go through enough dishes in a day to justify a quick run through the dishwasher. This also has the benefit of cycling the debris and other undesirable elements out of your machine.
- Getting rid of food: No one says your dishes have to be clean as a whistle, before they ever even go inside the dishwasher. However, it seems likely that you are probably forcing your dishwasher to work harder than it needs to, if you don’t remove those bits of food. Make sure the particularly big, dried-out chunks are removed by hand in your sink. It takes a moment, but it benefits your dishwasher tremendously.
- Cleaning the inside: Once in a while, dishwasher maintenance is involves waiting until your dishwasher has cooled, and cleaning the interior from top to bottom. Only use dishwasher detergent when cleaning your dishwasher.
- Checking the arms: You will want to make sure all of the arms of your dishwasher are spinning correctly. You need the water to move through freely, and without any problems. If you come across any debris, make sure it is removed.
- Flushing out your garbage disposal: If these appliances are connected, then make it a point to run your garbage disposal for a few seconds, before running the dishwasher. This is a good way to get rid of any debris that has come up.
What About Making Repairs?
One aspect of dishwasher maintenance includes repairs. There are very minor repairs that can be made by someone who has a significant amount of experience with dishwashers. However, replacing the motor of your dishwasher is something that is definitely best left to the experts.
In the end, it is just good common sense to let the professionals take care of your repair needs. If you have even the slightest doubt, leave it to those with the equipment and experience necessary to address anything that might be wrong with your dishwasher. This is a good way to make sure everything is done correctly right from the beginning. It is also a good way to add years and years to the life of your dishwasher.